We accept article submissions from anyone who can add desirable content to our pages.
We do have some simple rules:
1) Please keep your submissions on topic.
2) Please include a short (one small paragraph) bio with your piece, and include an email address to which you would like to have correspondence sent. If you have a website, please include that as well.
3) Always, always link to sources. Always! If you make a statement that isn't common knowledge, especially statistics, you must back it up with a link.
4) Please title your submission. We may decide to change it at publication, but at least we'll have something off which we can work.
5) Please let us know whether or not your piece is an original submission. We prefer them to be original and will not reprint. Viewpoint does not pay for unsolicited articles. If you expect payment, please let us know at the time you make the submission so that we can come to an agreement.
6) If your submission is rejected, please don't stop sending. Acceptance depends on a variety of factors, including timeliness, style, and any number of editorial requirements of the moment that may not necessarily reflect on your writing ability.
7) If you have submitted a piece and haven't heard back from us in two weeks, feel free to give us a "what's up?" email. Sometimes things get put on the back burner when breaking news hits...or maybe it just slipped our minds.
That's basically it.